Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
After a popular pre-christmas vote on next year’s club competitions, it was very clear that there was a lot of interest in some of the competitions proposed to be dropped in 2017. The “Club Championship Only Please” voting option returned a massive zero votes, so the decision to drop the other competitions in 2017 wasn’t the correct one. We should have a good selection of hotly contested competitions next season!
So, back by popular demand for next season are the Swim Championship, Bike Championship, Run Championship, and Summer Run Series. Competitions will run from the following dates:
- Club Championship (All Age Groups) – 1st March 2017 to 31st October 2017, for any Aquathlon, Duathlon or Triathlon events entered. The Club Championship competition has been extended in 2017 to include the opportunity to score points at any early season duathlon or aquathlon events pre the main triathlon season.
- Swim Championship – 1st March 2017 to 31st October 2017, for any swim only events entered.
- Bike Championship – 1st March 2017 to 31st October 2017, for any bike only events entered.
- Run Championship – 1st March 2017 to 31st October 2017, for any run only events entered. This includes Parkrun.
- Summer Run Series – 1st April 2017 to 30th September 2017.
There’ll be another announcement ahead of the competitions starting on how to submit your results next season. The positive of our club competitions are that you can enter any event you like, and score points, rather than them being set club events only. The downside to that is that where I am unaware of someone entering an event, some events can get missed, which happened in 2016. I will try and keep up to speed on the main events people enter in 2017, but to try and make everything easier I will also create an online results submission form, to try and make sure I don’t miss anything where I’m not aware.
If anyone is unsure about how any the competitions work or how points are scored, let me know!